Sunday 1 December 2013

Telling the GP you are Pregnant

I made an appointment with the GP to inform them that I was pregnant a few days after I had taken my pregnancy test.  I am not too sure what I was expecting, but it was certainly more that I got.

I walked into the doctors and informed them that my pregnancy test was positive.  The doctor said OK, asked me what hospital I wanted to deliver at (this had not yet really crossed my mind, but said the closet one to me) and filled in a form and told me I would hear from the Hospital in the next few weeks.

I was not examined, was not asked to take another test, or to give a blood test.  My blood pressure, nor my weight were recorded.  No one said congratulations ( I did not hear this from any clinical person until I was 13 weeks), and I left the surgery in a blur, I suppose I though that something would have been confirmed, after all, I could have misread the test and I could not have been pregnant at all!!

Have you had a more positive initial appointment with your GP, or was it just me?!

Claire xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment